A veneer is a layer of material placed over a tooth. Veneers improve the aesthetics of a smile and/ or protect the tooth’s surface from damage.
Veneers are a prosthetic device, by prescription only, used by the cosmetic dentist.
A dentist may use one veneer to restore a single tooth or veneer with high quality that may have been fractured or discolored, or in most cases multiple teeth on the upper arch to create a big bright “Hollywood” type of smile make over.
Many people have small teeth resulting in spaces that may not be easily closed by orthodontics.
Some people have worn away the edges of their teeth resulting in a prematurely aged appearance, while others may have
malpositioned tooth/ teeth that appear crooked. Multiple veneers can close these spaces, lengthen teeth that have been shortened by wear, fill the black triangles between teeth caused by gum recession, provide a uniform color, shape, and symmetry, and make the teeth appear straight.
Dentists also recommend using thin porcelain veneers to strengthen worn teeth. It is also applied to yellow teeth that won’t whiten.
Thin veneers are an effective option for aging patients with worn dentition. In many cases, minimal to no tooth preparation is needed when using porcelain veneers.
When preparing, in between prep and fit appointments of the veneer, you can make temporaries, usually out of composite. These are not normally indicated but can be used if the patient is complaining of sensivity or aesthetics.
According to Amirad Family Dentistry, temporaries are really important to design and finalize the aesthetics of the final veneers. Temporaries help patients and the dentist decide on the right color, length and shape of the veneers.
• Discoloured teeth, Fluorosis, Tetracycline staining, non-vital tooth discolouration.
• Enamel hypoplasia (not enough enamel) Enamel hypocalcification (enamel not fully mineralized)
• Malformed teeth, malposition
• Enamel fracture, enamel loss by erosion, worn teeth chips
• Close gaps, restore smile symmetry
• Poor oral hygiene
• Uncontrolled gingiva disease
• High caries rate
• No enamel
• Unreasonable patients expectations
• Large existing restorations
There are different types of classification for veneers:
• Labial surface coverage
a) No incisal involvement
b) Feathered incisal edge
c) Incisal overlap
• Interproximal preparations
a) No contact point involvement
b) Contact point level
c) Passed contact point
• Method of production
a) Indirect veneers
b) Direct veneers
a) Porcelain (feldspathic)
b) Lithium Disilicate (very thin ≥ 0.3 and strong)
c) Da Vinci (very thin)
d) MAC (high resistance to stain and strong)
e) Lumineers (ultra-thin ~ 0.2 mm)
g) CEREC (Nano-ceramic)
In our opinion, dental veneer are a versatile cosmetic dentistry option that can dramatically improve the appearance of your smile. Patients with cracks, chips, gaps, discoloration, worn teeth, or mild tooth misalignment can all benefit from dental veneers. Amirad Family Dentistry can help you achieve the smile of your dream with state-of-the-art dental veneer.
Each veneer treatments is custom-designed to meet the unique needs of the individual patient. Dr. Faridrad and Dr. Sarbaz at Amirad Family Dentistry offer a variety of veneer types at our practice, and uses the consultation process as a time to help you make a well informed decision about which type of dental veneer can meet your needs and cosmetic goals.
If you would like to learn more about dental veneers, or if you would like to schedule a consultation with Dr. Faridrad and Dr. Sarbaz, please contact us today.
Are composed of a durable, high quality ceramic which called feldspathic porcelain that can be matched to the shade of your surrounding teeth for a seamless natural look.
This common cosmetic dentistry procedure uses veneers that can be individually customized for your teeth, achieving the best possible fit as well as a beautiful appearance. The hand-layered porcelain has a dynamic quality that catches light just like the enamel of a natural tooth. Porcelain veneers are often considered a minimal prep procedure, preserving the majority of your existing tooth structure while achieving long-lasting smile rejuvenation.
• They are strong and long-lasting
• They have a natural-looking surface
• They don’t stain easily
• To prepare the teeth
• To make an impression
• Select the color and make a temporary
• To send the impression to a dental lab
• Custom-makes the porcelain veneers in the lab
• Finally, places the veneers on the teeth in the office
• Usually less tooth enamel needs to be removed than for crowns or porcelain veneers
• May mean fewer visits to the dentist, sometimes these veneers take just one visit
• Cost less than porcelain veneers
• Are easy to fix if they get damaged; although composite veneers are generally not as strong or wear-resistant as porcelain veneers, composite veneers can be repaired easily and quickly.
• Teeth preparation
• bond and sculpts the composite material on the teeth
• Cure the composite by a special light
• Smooth and polish the veneers
A smile make over is a combination of cosmetic and restorative dental procedures that are used to correct dental imperfections and enhance the overall appearance of the teeth and smile. An evaluation of the alignment symmetry, condition, size, shape, and shade of each tooth-along with a discussion of the patient’s goal-provides Cosmetic Dentists Dr. Sepideh Faridrad and Dr. A.H. Sarbaz with the information they need to develop a custom smile makeover treatment plan.
• What can a smile makeover do?
• What are my smile makeover options?
• What is the smile design process like?
• How much does a smile makeover cost?
• Smile makeover Before-and-After photo?
Cosmetic Dentists: Dr. Faridrad & Dr. Sarbaz (DDS)
• Meet Dr. Faridrad & Dr. Sarbaz
• What is a cosmetic dentist?
• How to choose the best cosmetic dentist for you
• Questions to ask your cosmetic dentist
• Contact Amirad Family Dentistry for consultation
Meet Dr. Faridrad & Dr. Sarbaz
Experienced cosmetic dentists with office in North York combine their talents with the work of a skilled dental restoration artist to create porcelain veneers and other advanced treatments that take the field of cosmetic dentistry to the next level. Each and every treatment here at Amirad Family Dentistry is custom-tailored to the individual patient for results that work for his or her unique needs. After all, no two smiles are alike, and therefore there are no one-size-fits-all procedures. This important commitment to providing personalized treatment in order to create the best possible outcome has made Amirad Family Dentistry one of the most popular cosmetic dental clinic.
What is a cosmetic dentist?
A cosmetic dentist is a dentist who has undergone additional training in techniques that improve the appearance of the teeth and the entire smile. The focus of a cosmetic dentist’s practice is primarily on aesthetic and restorative procedures, such as custom porcelain veneers, dental crowns, and dental implants which can correct cosmetic imperfections and fix dental damage with beautiful results.
How to choose the best cosmetic dentist for you?
Selecting the best cosmetic dentist for your needs is a big decision that should not be made lightly. To help you along in the process, we have some tips that can make your online search a bit easier:
• Evaluate their credentials, education, and experience
• Look at before-and-after-photos of their work
• Find out what dental technology they offer
• Meet your potential cosmetic dentist in person
Amirad Family Dentistry offers a comprehensive array of treatment options, including general, cosmetic, and restorative dental care procedures, to help you maintain both the health and appearance of your teeth, and gums.
The office is designed with your comfort in mind, and numerous amenities are available, including sedation dentistry techniques, to help you relax during your visit.
Questions to ask your cosmetic dentist
When attending a consultation with a cosmetic dentist, communicating what you want and asking the right questions can help you get the most out of your one-on-one experience.
To assist you, we have provided some important questions you may want to include:
• What process will you use to develop my treatment plan?
• Which procedure or procedures would you recommend for achieving the look that I want?
• Where are your restorations made and what materials are available?
• Do you have before-and-after pictures of patients who have undergone the treatments I am considering?
• Will I require any treatments to improve my dental health?
• Approximately how long will it take to improve my smile?
• How long will my results last?
• Will my new smile require special care?
• Will I feel any discomfort? Do you offer sedation option during treatment?
Contact Amirad Family Dentistry for a consultation
If you want a stunning smile created by one of the best cosmetic dentists, we encourage you to contact Amirad Family Dentistry to schedule a consultation.
Amirad Family Dentistry with Steller reputation, extraordinary skill and consistently outstanding results make it a great choice for your smile make over and cosmetic dentistry needs.
What can a smile makeover do?
Dr. Faridrad & Dr. Sarbaz offers a full range of cosmetic dentistry options that can conceal or repair nearly any deal concern. They have experience and expertise in treating conditions that are impairing the health and/ or appearance of your teeth, gums, and smile. During a one-on-one consultation at their North York practice, they listens to your specific aspirations, understand your concerns, and design an individualized approach for giving you that great-looking smile of your dreams.
To schedule a consultation for smile design, please contact Amirad Family Dentistry today.
What are my smile makeover options?
Smile design takes into account a variety of dental concerns, such as discoloration, misalignment, missing teeth, gaps and chips, and other imperfections, which may be preventing you from having
the beautiful smile you desire. Using the finest porcelain and ceramic restorations-which are custom fabricated for an optimal fit and appearance-along with other professional cosmetic treatments, Dr. Faridrad and Dr. Sarbaz can transform almost any smile.
They may also incorporate additional dental care to improve the condition of your teeth and gums for optimal health and long-lasting results.
The cosmetic options that Dr. Faridrad & Dr. Sarbaz commonly uses for smile makeovers include:
• porcelain veneers
• Teeth whitening
• Dental Implant
• Tooth-colored filling
Every smile design program is custom-tailored to suit your unique appearance, life style, needs, and goals. Dr. Faridrad and Dr. Sarbaz can recommend the most effective smile restoration and enhancement options for creating a beautiful smile that boosts your self-confidence.
With help Dr. Faridrad and Dr. Sarbaz, you can have the smile that lights up the room!
What is the smile design process like?
The smile design process begins with your consultation and a through dental evaluation.
With our advanced panoramic imaging technology, Dr. Faridrad or Dr. Sarbaz can capture Panorex image of your dental structures and jaw. These high resolution images can help your dentist easily explain any dental concerns they detect and discuss various treatment approaches.
Once you and Dr. Faridrad or Dr. Sarbaz have decided on the treatments you’d like to have, they can explain how your treatment plan will be accomplished. Depending on the amount of dental work you require, your smile makeover may take a single appointment or several appointments spaced apart while healing occurs or restorations are fabricated.
If your smile makeover plan includes porcelain veneers, crowns or dental implants, your dentist will inform you of any preparation your teeth will require and explain the placement process for the restorations involve in your treatment plan. When the final restorations are fitted and placed, you will be able to enjoy your rejuvenated smile!
How much does a smile makeover cost?
The price for a smile makeover can vary greatly from patient to patient based on the unique details of his or her custom treatment plan. At top cosmetic dentistry practices in the Toronto and North York area, the average cost ranges for these treatments and high quality restorations are as follows:
• Porcelain veneers- $ 700 – 1000 per tooth
• Porcelain crowns- $ 1000 – 1100 per tooth
• Dental implant crowns- $ 1500 – 1800 per tooth
It is important to note that the itemized pricing for your smile makeover may be higher or lower than these listed averages.
The total cost of your smile makeover will be determined be a variety of factors:
• Any dental work needed to improve your oral health
• The cosmetic treatments that are included in your smile makeover treatment plan
• Any custom restorations that you require
• The type of material your restorations will be crafted from
• The complexity of your case
• Anesthesia or sedation expenses
At the end of your consultation, you will be presented with a full price quotation for your smile enhancement plan. Our friendly office team can help you review each line item so that you understand how your total was calculated. If desired, they can also explain the various payment options we accept to help cover the cost of your care.